Super delicious recipe for cold winter days. Takes less than an hour to prepare and it is very easy. Most important is to have a good quality minced meat. I use minced veal. Can be served as a starter or simply as a main dish. My family and friends love it. Serve warm.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 40-45 minutes
- 4 big peppers (I took red and green)
- 5-6 cloves of garlic - sliced
- 2 chopped onions
- 2 eggs
- 4 large picles in clices
- 50 g grated mozzarella cheese
- 4-5 spoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 500 g minced meat - veal for example mixed with pork
- 50 ml beef stock
- 125 g cooked white rice
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp dried oregano
- dried thym, marjoram and chilli - I like it more spicy so I added quite a lot of chilli and black pepper
1. Wash peppers well. Slice the tops off the peppers and remove all the ribs and seeds.
2. In a heavy skillet, heat the oil and saute the onion with garlic for 2-3 minutes. Then add minced meat and keep cooking until meat is almost cooked. Should take approx. 7 minutes.
3. Add some salt and freshly ground pepper and all other spices. Add beef stock and keep cooking.
4. Once meat is ready move it to a large bowl, add cooked rice, 2 eggs, sliced picles and again a bit of salt and pepper. Mix well.
5. Stuff the peppers with meat and rice. Check if you dont need to add any more spices. If the feeling tasts well, you are ready to go. At the end season with grated mozzarella top of stuffed peppers.
7. Serve warm.