Baked meat loaf is a perfect example of polish traditional dish. You can have it either for lunch with a nice salad, nutritious dinner or simply on bread served as a sandwich. Once you try, am sure you will love it. Takes only 80 minutes to prepare and you can have various meals with this meat loaf.
In Poland it is called 'pieczen rzymska' and can be prepared anytime you want. My grannie used to prepare it also with a boiled egg inside. All my friends love it and am sure you will fall in love with it too.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 65 minutes
- 800 g minced pork
- 300 g minced beef
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 big onions - chopped
- 6-8 garlic cloves - finely diced
- 4 Tbsp breadcrumbs
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp dried thyme
- 2 Tbsp meat herbs mix - for seasoning
- freshly ground black, red and white pepper
- sea salt
1. Mix minced pork and beef with finely diced garlic, a lot of pepper - for me the more the better, sea salt, breadcrumbs, eggs and thyme. I mix the meat with my own hands - that's best for the meat.
2. Place finely chopped onion on the pre-heated pan with already dissolved butter. Fry until onion turns soft and translucent.