This tart is very easy to prepare and you don't need extra cooking skills to succeed here. No meat so perfect for vegetarians. Can be served as a main dish or a starter. I love it. It is simply Delicious. Serve it with rocket, red onion and cherry tomato salad.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
- 350 g puff pastry - best is fresh but you can look for a frozen one too
- 200 g feta cheese - crumbled
- 200 g mozzarella cheese - sliced
- 2 Tbsp of butter
- 2-3 large red onions - sliced
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 250 g cherry tomatoes in halves
- 75 g green olives - de-seeded and finely sliced
- 75 g black olives - de-seeded and finely sliced
- 2 Tbsp capers
- a bit of flour for dusting
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- freshly ground sea salt and pepper (red, white, green and black)
- 2 Tbsp fresh finely hashed basil
- serve with rocket salad with red onion, cherry tomato and olive oil
1.Pre-heat the oven to 200 C. Lay the pastry on a bottom of a flat baking dish filled with a parchment paper. Sprinkle the pastry with a little bit of olive oil, freshly ground salt and pepper. Make sure the edges are well sprinkled with oil - otherwise they will start burning when you put the tart into the oven.
4. Put the onion on the pastry.